1. 2016 Oscar Predictions: Best Picture
2. 2016 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress
3. 2016 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actor
4. 2016 Oscar Predictions: Best Animated Feature
5. 2016 Oscar Predictions: Best Director
1. James Franco Will Direct Film Based on Aziah "Zola" Wells' 148-Tweet Narrative That Went Viral
2. The 20 Best Films Of 2015
3. The 25 Best Horror Films Of The 21st Century So Far
4. How Quentin Tarantino & Robert Rodriguez Made Josh Brolin's 'No Country For Old Men' Audition Tape
5. 'MacGyver' Movie Reboot And New TV Series Pilot On The Way
1. Beware, Horror Fans: 'The Witch' Has Just Been Named an Official 'Satanic Experience'
2. Christopher Nolan and Hoyte van Hoytema to Reunite for WWII Epic 'Dunkirk'
3. 2016 Oscar Predictions: Best Picture
4. Review: 'The Expanse' Season 1 Has Totally Changed the Game for Sci-Fi on TV
5. The Entire Planet is Watching 'The X-Files' Revival, and That's Terrible News for TV
Joshua Oppenheimer on 'The Look of Silence' - TOH! Exclusive
"Film was a digital sandwich between analog slices of bread."
"Everything we do in HD is an effort to recreate the look of film."
"It's such an extraordinary medium. It's so beautiful, it feels different."
Digital technology comes between a loving couple in "Amends," which,…
Co-directed by David T. Ketterer and Connor Lynch, the short film "Changeove…
The film vs. digital debate continues, even though advocates for both sides…
The award-winning cinematographer talks about his two latest very different…
We can always count on Martin Scorsese to support the art of film -- and the…
At 77, British filmmaker and Palme d'Or winner Ken Loach didn't disappoint…
Thanks to a successful crowd funding campaign on Indiegogo, the independentl…
The smartphone, particularly Apple's iPhone, is revolutionizing moving-image…
Here's what cinematographers with films at Sundance 2014 think of shooting…
Studios continue to eliminate 35mm prints and small theaters around the…
The 21st century saw the movie fundamentally change - how it was shown,…
2013 has been a good year for indie film, but producer Ted Hope has come up…
In a guest post, Andrei Severny imagines the future of cinema -- it's a…
As theaters across the country -- from big cities to small towns -- are bein…
Who says independent theaters are dying?
Last week, Boston's Brattle…
You've heard it plenty of times by now: cinema, as we have come to know…
Film historian David Bordwell, who with his wife Kristin Thompson has writte…
Watch: All of Sterling Archer's Literary References: A Video Essay
Urban Movie Channel Announces 6 New Streaming Premieres in Honor of Black History Month
Sleeper of the Week: 'Rams'
Listen: 54-Minute Talk With Joel And Ethan Coen & Noah Baumbach About Filmmaking, Opening Shots, And More
Watch: 'In Bruges' Is a Morality Play Plus Carnage
Weekly Update for February 5: Women Centric, Directed and Written Films Playing Near You
"If You Know The True Canon, You Know That I Didn’t Change Superman": Zack Snyder Talks 'Man Of Steel'
Sundance '16: 'The Lure' Director Agnieszka Smoczynska on Bringing Her 80s Mermaid Tale to Life
CBS Orders Military Family Pilot from Writer Becky Mode and Exec Producer Sarah Timberman
'Peak TV' or Peak OTT? From Louis C.K. to Seeso, Players Jockey for Position in a Crowded Market
Sundance Doc Audience Award Winner 'Jim: The James Foley Story' Paints Harrowing Portrait of ISIS Captive
More Blog Network
Less Blog Network
Terms of Service
© 2016 Indiewire.com