It’s the half-way point of the 2006 Fantastic Fest, and it’s been a fun ride so far. The crowds are way up this year, and the attention (thanks, in part, to Mel Gibson) has been overflowing. There’s still more to come in the next few days, including a panel hosted by effects wiz Greg Nicotero, another surprise screening (something I saw at Cannes, and loved), a screening of The Fountain hosted by Darren Aronofsky, and much more. But, for now, here’s a recap of some coverage:
– E! Online offers their report of the Mel Gibson visit.
– Wiley Wiggins is one of the many who really got into William Friedkin’s Bug.
– Jette at Cinematical reviews Tideland.
– Harry Knowles follows the love that’s coming in for a film called Hatchet.
– Over at Twitch, Peter Martin gives his thoughts on The Host, among other selections at the fest.
– Cinema Strikes Back surveys a few titles, including Renaissance and Zhest.