My totally subjective and pretty incomplete Top 10 Moments at the 2006 Toronto International Film Festival:
10. The fact that even the most high-art minded film industry folks were drooling with glee over Borat, a big-studio and high-comedy laugh fest.
9. Geeking out with S&Man director JT Petty and TIFF programmer Colin Geddes at the Windsor Arms bar following the successful premiere of All the Boys Love Mandy Lane.
8. The DJ’s playlist at the Kurt Cobain About a Son party. Bruce Springsteen dance party, anyone?
7. Reconnecting with Tales of the Rat Fink director Ron Mann, as he preps the TIFF premiere and U.S. release of the new film.
6. The Cinematical/Hot Blog bowling party.
5. Finally seeing Ghosts of Cite de Soleil.
4. Getting some time to chill out with docmaker Michael Tucker, as he was thrilled that his new film was getting sold.
3. Bonding with Black Sheep‘s Kiwi director Jonathan King, when we realized that his friend, NZ singer-songwriter Damien Binder, met at SXSW years ago.
2. Watching sales agent Josh Braun shine.
1. Uh, our awesome party with the Flaming Lips and Summercamp!, of course.