The SXSW Music Festival is a five-day orgy of blood, sweat, music, and business. 1300 acts are scheduled so far, with more to be added between now and the kick-off of March 14. Like any good launching pad for new talent, there are some wonderfully inventive artist names in the lineup of mostly up-and-comers. Here’s my totally subjective list of the Top 10 favorite new artist names, in no particular order, based on the initial list revealed this past week:
1. my! gay! husband! from Vancouver, BC.
2. Green Milk from the Planet Orange from Tokyo, Japan.
3. Psychedelic Horseshit from Columbus, OH.
4. Rebuilding the Rights of Statues from Beijing, China.
5. Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin from Springfield, MO.
6. Deaf in the Family from New York, NY.
7. Fair to Midland appropriately from Dallas, TX.
8. Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. from Southend, UK.
9. Working For a Nuclear Free City from Manchester, UK.
10. I Can Lick Any Sonofabitch in the House from Portland, OR.