This was strictly a YouTube thing, but it looks like Yahoo has now taken over – for this year anyway, and only for the shorts.
Unfortunately, none of the films listed below are titles we’ve profiled on S&A; but still good to know that if you can’t experience Sundance in person, you at least have access to some of the films, and for FREE.
Check out the list of titles and descriptions below, and then go HERE to watch and vote for your faves.
Beginning today and lasting through January 27, Yahoo! Screen will host a selection of short films premiering at the Sundance Film Festival and chosen in close collaboration with the Festival and Yahoo! Movie editors.
Film aficionados will have the chance to vote for their favorite, and on Saturday, January 28th– at the Festival’s Official Awards Ceremony – Yahoo! will present the winning filmmaker with the inaugural Yahoo! Audience Award and five thousand dollars. Plus, the winning film will be given prominent placement on Yahoo!.
Short films available now on Yahoo! Screen include:
· ’92 Skybox Alonzo Mourning Rookie Card Jim and Dave, two brothers who don’t like each other very much, are forced to come together when their dad dies in Kansas City. Dave is pretty sure he has an Alonzo Mourning Skybox Series rookie card, but Jim has other ideas.
· Aquadettes A meditation on life, death, and synchronized swimming.
· The Arm To keep up with social pressure in a technologically advanced world, Chance starts a texting relationship with Genevieve—a girl he meets at a yogurt shop. But tragedy forces Chance to realize that he was never in a relationship at all. · Debutante Hunters In the low country of South Carolina, some true southern belles reveal their more rugged side, providing a glimpse into what drives them to hunt in the wild.
· Dol (First Birthday) A gay Korean American man yearns for a family life that is just out of reach. · Henley Meet nine-year-old Ted Henley, budding motel manager and roadkill entrepreneur.
· Long Distance Information Father always told us, “Never talk to strangers,” . . . But surely we have to phone home sometimes?
· Odysseus’ Gambit During his lifetime, each man plays cosmic chess against the devil.
· Una Hora por Favora A woman hires a day laborer for an hour and gets more than she bargained for.