Here’s some movie news picked up from the trades coming out of Cannes
- Saoirse Ronan will star in Testament of Youth, which Calendar Girls co-writer Juliette Towhidi adapted from the 1933 Vera Brittain memoir about how the war affected the women of the U.K. and her years as a nurse and journalist.
- Cate Blanchett and Mia Wasikowska will star in a new adaptation of Patricia Highsmith’s lesbian romance novel Carol (aka ‘The Price of Salt’) written by Phyllis Nagy.
- Vera Farmiga to star in psychological-thriller Greenland Time co-written by Catherine Linstrum.
- Producers are developing a feature based on the Vanity Fair article Untangling Rebekah Brooks by Suzanna Andrews
- Danish Writer-director Lone Scherfig and Swedish actress-director Pernilla August are to collaborate on costume epic/love story The Serious Game
- Chloe Moretz and Jessica Biel to star in The Deep Blue Sea