US In Progress Paris, a two-day works in progress event targeted at American independent filmmakers and European buyers, will take place in the scope of Champs-Elysées Film Festival on June 13-16 2013 in Paris.
The event is looking for 6 US independent films at post-production stage (rough & fine cuts). The call for entries is open till April 1st 2012. Application form and Terms and Conditions can be found online:
The application requirements for the films are the following:
- Narrative feature projects in post-production are eligible.
- Production Company needs to be US based.
- Films looking for completion money, services and sales agent or European distribution should apply.
- Films in post-production when applying, with at least 30 min of the film edited and to reach feature format by June 1st 2013. If selected, the feature length version of the rough/fine cut will be presented on June 14-15. No excerpts or trailers will be accepted.
- Films with no US or international premiere nor European sales representation prior to June 13 2013 are eligible.
US in Progress is a joint initiative between New Horizons Association (American Film Festival), Sophie Dulac’s Champs-Elysées Film Festival and Black Rabbit Film. It presents independent US films in final production stages to European buyers, post-production houses and festivals in order to help them achieve completion and to foster the circulation and distribution of American indie films in Europe. US IN PROGRESS involves two yearly get-togethers at two different festivals (Paris in June and Wroclaw in November). The next event will take form of two days of exclusive screenings of the 6 selected films (behind closed doors, for registered guests only) and one-to-one meetings on June 13-16 2013.
As a bonus to contracts resulting from the presentations and meetings, a jury made of professionals will award one of the selected works in progress. The awarded movie will get post-production and promotion services in kind.
The last Paris and Wroclaw editions attracted more than 60 buyers and producers. Paris Alumni Hannah Fidell (A Teacher – Us in Progress Paris Award) and Wroclaw alumni Matt Porterfield (I used to be darker) and David Andalman (Milkshake) were selected in the Sundance competition (Next Section). Wroclaw alumni Matt Porterfield and Dan Carbone (Hide your Smiling Faces) will have their European premiere during the next Berlinale.
The second edition of Champs-Elysées Film Festival is to take place in Paris on June 12-18 2013.
Contact: Adeline Monzier, Black Rabbit Film adeline[at]brfilm.com