1. Trailers in Posters: With the creation of the new app Preview, anybody who’s got Google Glass will be able to look at a movie poster and see the trailer, making it easier to choose which movies you’d like to watch. Read more about it here.
2. Zynga Licenses Ted: In an attempt to reach a young male target market, Zynga has just given Seth MacFarlane’s hilarious character “Ted” his own free-to-play “Hit It Rich Slots”
game. Now the foul-mouthed teddy bear will be available in App form on iPhone and iPad, in addition to his presence on Facebook. Read more about it here.
3. Amazon Prime Raises Price: Anyone who wishes to partake in a subscription to Amazon Prime should prepare for an increase in their annual rate. As of March 20, subscriptions for new customers will be set at $99, while existing customers planning to renew their membership as of April 17 will have to pay the same price. Read more about it here.
4. New Stop Motion Animation App: The National Film Board of Canada has just launched a new stop-motion animation iPad app called StopMo Studio. The app, which has been redesigned based on a previous concept developed years ago, is targeted to users of varying degrees of experience and promises a creative experience as
they animate their films using frame-by-frame stop-motion. The app, available for the iPad 2 and optimized for iOS7, features more than 20 different functions, not least of which is the option of sharing with friends. Read more about it here.
5. Matt Walsh Indiegogo Campaign: Matt Walsh, who is best known for co-founding the Upright
Citizens Brigade and his role as Mike McLintock on the HBO comedy “Veep,” now comes to Indiegogo with his second directorial feature film “A Better You,” a comedy relying on his improvisational abilities that is now entering its post-production phase. Read more about it here.