1. Amazon Game Controller. Those who subscribe to Netflix and Hulu Plus will be happy to know that a new device is being concocted at Amazon.com to provide access to the two film-streaming sites, while also serving as a video game console with an optional game controller accessory. Read more about it here.
2. Time for Popcorn Time. If you’ve gotten tired of the lack of choices on Netflix, you might want to check out Popcorn Time, which boasts a more attractive (and free) selection of movies that consists of both classics and new releases alike. Read more about it here.
3. The Next Generation of Cable Service. Layer3 TV’s ambitious goal of becoming the cable provider of the new generation may soon turn into a reality now that it’s managed to acquire $21 million dollars thanks to a Series A round led by North Bridge Venture Partners and Evolution Media Growth Partners. Read more about it here.
4. Vote for Viewster Films. Unconventional formats of film viewing are becoming increasingly popular, with the first edition of the quarterly ‘Viewster Online Film Fest’ allowing viewers the chance to not only watch the films, but also to directly communicate what they like. Read more about it here.
5. British Academy Game Awards. The 2014 BAFTA Game Awards have bestowed their prestigious accolade onto the highly popular video game “Grand Theft Auto V,” which managed to rack up an impressive three trophies. Read more about it here.