We’ve teamed up with the folks over at MUBI to offer Indiewire readers the chance to win one of 6 year-long subscriptions to their exquisite collection of cult and indie films. Every single day MUBI upload a new film to their site, curated by their in-house team, which stays available for a month. So at any one time there are always 30 films to watch.
It’s a gorgeous, convenient (and pretty addictive) way to explore the vast world of indie cinema. It also works as a community for cinephiles, letting viewers share their thoughts on what they see with like-minded people. And here is your chance to have all of this at your fingertips for a whole year, completely free.
So how do you get this all-access pass to a year of cinematic rapture? Pretty much what you do already: watch a film.
1. To win a year long subscription to MUBI you need to write a short review of one of these classic indie films: Todd Haynes’ “Poison” and Gus Van Sant’s “Mala Noche” both of which just so happen to be up on MUBI right now.
2. If you’re in the US sign up for a 7 day free for MUBI trial and watch “Poison” here.
3. If you’re in the UK sign up for a 7 day free for MUBI trial and watch “Mala Noche” here.
4. Once you’ve watched either film write a short review (between 100 – 400 words). This can take whatever form you like, and, of course, it doesn’t have to be
positive. We are looking for responses which show real engagement with
the film from a true film-lover.
4. Send your review to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday July 29 at 11.59 pm.
5. We’ll publish the winning reviews (unless you don’t want us to). We’ll choose 3 of “Poison” and 3 of “Mala Noche”. And if you win, you can spend the next year as part of the MUBI community
Good luck, and we’re looking forward to hearing what you think!
Sign Up: Stay on top of the latest breaking film and TV news! Sign up for our Email Newsletters here.