Alexandre Aja‘s Daniel Radcliffe starring horror “Horns” is coming, and it’s not your usual fare for a number of reasons. First, it has Harry Potter ditching his wand and glasses for a pair of horns, as the title suggests. Second, it has the kind of soundtrack we usually don’t associate with the genre. So perk up your ears—or horns—and read on….
Spanning eleven tracks, “Horns” kicks off with David Bowie‘s “Heroes,” which has never been used in a movie before. Just kidding, but seriously, the guy has other songs. Anyway, ’90s faves The Pixies, Eels, and The Flaming Lips get into the mix, along with Marilyn Manson covering Depeche Mode’s “Personal Jesus.” The under-appreciated Sunset Rubdown get a track on here, as do folksters Junip, and a few more below-the-radar names. All told, not a band lineup of music.
“Horns” opens on Halloween. The soundtrack hits digitally on October 28th, and if you still have a CD shelf, you can buy it in that format on November 11th. Tracklist and samples below.
“Horns” Soundtrack Tracklisting
1. Heroes – David Bowie
2. Hold Your Fire – Trent Dabbs
3. Where Is My Mind – The Pixies
4. Lonely Road – The Shivers
5. Personal Jesus – Marilyn Manson
6. Sleep With The Lights On – Wanton Bishops
7. That Look You Gave That Guy – Eels
8. The Devil Down Below – Brass Action
9. Beginnings – Junip
10. Evil – The Flaming Lips
11. Shut Up I Am Dreaming Of Places Where Lovers Have Wings – Sunset Rubdown