Here’s one that you may not have considered, but maybe should, especially in light of ongoing conversations about black American filmmakers exposing themselves and their work to foreign markets, and building audiences abroad – something that just doesn’t happen enough, as I see it – if only to help in burying that age-old myth that black films don’t sell overseas.
The 10th British Urban Film Festival has started its search for films and scripts in earnest with the countdown to the 2015 British Urban Film Festival already in full swing.
- Scripts: must be no less than 20 pages and no more than 60.
- Films: must be no less than 3 minutes and no more than 120.
- The early bird deadline for 2 submissions is 11.59pm, Friday 29th May 2015.
- Fees are non-refundable at £59. Single submissions are also non-refundable at £59.
- The final deadline for submissions is 5.00pm, Monday 29th June 2015.
- Submission fees for scripts and films will rise to £75 from Saturday 30 May 2015 onwards.
- Fee waivers will not be considered.
- All forms of narrative style and all genres are accepted – the definition of an urban film… is down to you!
- Payments can only be accepted via http://www.paypal.com/ using the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Films & trailers can only be submitted via private digital links to email@example.com
- *DVD masters will be requested if submissions make the shortlist.
- EPK’s must include 5 publicity stills (film submissions only), a synopsis and a cover letter with at least 1 social network point of contact
- Scripts must be submitted via PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org