The soundtrack details for the upcoming Blake Lively vehicle “The Age of Adaline” have arrived: it’s an eclectic and impressive mix of songs. The film, costarring Harrison Ford, Ellen Burstyn and Michiel Huisman, stars Lively as the Adaline Bowman, a woman born in 1908 who through a freak car accident is rendered immortal. Unable to age alongside those she cares about, Adaline ultimately eschews human relationships, opting for a life of solitude rather than one of romantic encounters. Until she meets Ellis Jones (Huisman).
The film’s soundtrack is appropriately comprised of songs that dot the past hundred years. What might come as a bit of a head-scratcher —especially for those who’ve seen the trailer (watch it here if you’re not among them yet)— is the selection of songs and artists included on the soundtrack. The previews make the movie look like pretty standard romantic drama with a fantastical hook, not exactly the type that would include recordings from Jefferson Airplane and Bob Dylan, and yet there they are. The earliest recording included is Ella Fitzgerald and Chick Webb and His Orchestra’s “I’m Just a Jitterbug;” followed by a smattering of songs from the ’50s, ’60s, and ’70s, and then far more recent tracks from Nancy McCallion, The Antlers, and Stephen Lu recorded since 2010.
The full track listing is below. The Age of Adaline” hits theaters this Friday. The soundtrack will drop on May 19th and is available for pre-order now. [via Film Music Reporter]
“Age Of Adaline” Soundtrack Tracklisting
1. Simple Twist Of Fate – Bob Dylan
2. Don’t Watch Me Dancing – Little Joy
3. Since I Don’t Have You – The Skyliners
4. Drift Dive – The Antlers
5. Comin’ Back To Me – Jefferson Airplane
6. The Rainbow People – Dexter Gordon
7. Gimme Some Lovin’ – Sam & Dave
8. I’m Just A Jitterbug – Ella Fitzgerald, Chick Webb And His Orchestra
9. Tear For You My Dear – Martin Gibson & Jeromy Allinger
10. Brighter In The Night – Nancy McCallion
11. Goodnight – Stephen Lu
12. Auld Lange Syne – Stephen Lu