The Chicago International Film Festival has announced the full program for Industry Days, presented by leading financial services provider TIAA-CREF. The four-day conference kicks off on Thursday, October 22 with a tribute to producer Gigi Pritzker, moderated by Andrea Wishom, Chief Operating Officer for Skywalker Properties Ltd. and former Executive Vice President of Harpo Studios. Following the tribute will be a reception in Gigi Pritzker’s honor, hosted by the Tribune Tower on their rooftop at Crown Terrace.
READ MORE: Kino Lorber Acquires Six-Hour Cannes Epic ‘Arabian Nights’
Pritzker is a film and stage producer. As CEO of film production and financing company OddLot Entertainment (OLE), Pritzker produced Academy Award-nominated “Rabbit Hole,” as well as “The Way, Way Back” and Jon Stewart’s directorial debut “Rosewater.” Pritzker has expanded OLE’s footprint by creating the foreign sales company Sierra/Affinity, and recently helped launch the film studio STX.
Featured panelists include writer-director Steve Pink (“Hot Tub Time Machine”); actor-producer-director Jeff Garlin (“Curb Your Enthusiasm”); Kickstarter co-founder Charles Adler; Chicago directors Stephen Cone & Kris Swanberg; Richard Lorber, distributor of films by such acclaimed directors as Steven Soderbergh and John Woo; and Amy Hobby, producer of “Secretary” and “What Happened, Miss Simone?” and co-founder of the female-driven production company Tangerine Entertainment.
“We have always wanted to expand our Industry program at the Festival,” said Festival Founder & Artistic Director Michael Kutza. “This is an incredible lineup and I’m glad we have Anthony Kaufman on our team to lead it.”
“The Festival has always had a very strong international focus and roster of global guests,” added Festival Programmer Anthony Kaufman. “With Industry Days, we look forward to bringing foreign filmmakers together with Chicago’s local filmmaking community and industry professionals from the coasts and seeing what synergies develop.”
The 2015 Industry Days Panels include:
– Overseas Connections: How to Gain Access to International Partners and Financiers (Co-produced with IFP/Chicago)
– Crowdfunding and Crowdfinding: How to Raise Money and Prime Your Prospective Audience
– Making an Impact: How to Build Coalitions, Engage Communities, and Change the World Through Film
– Is the Future of Indie Film in TV and on the Web? (Open to the Public)
– How to Build a Booming Chicago Film Industry (Open to the Public and co-produced with Stage 18)
– A Conversation with Writer-Producer-Directors Steve Pink and Jeff Garlin (Open to the Public)
– How to Make a Great Movie for $50,000 or Less
– The Foreign Language Film Crisis: Are Subtitled Movies Fading on U.S. Screens? (Open to the Public)
– How to Sell Your Film
– The Distribution Puzzle: Film Releasing Strategies from Theaters to VOD (Co-produced with IFP/Chicago)
– Power Players: How Women Producers & Financiers are Changing the Entertainment Business (Open to the Public)
Industry Days will serve as the central hub for filmmakers and industry professionals, examining current and future trends in the film and entertainment business. All panels require an Industry Days pass, unless otherwise noted. Visit the Chicago International Film Festival website for more information.
READ MORE: Producer Gigi Pritzker Lands $50 Mil in Financing
Sign Up: Stay on top of the latest breaking film and TV news! Sign up for our Email Newsletters here.