Dear listeners, we have to talk. While these past few weeks of podcasting have been all fun and games, with a casual throwaway or relevant reference to Damon Lindelof’s latest mystery, we’ve reached a point where perhaps Indiewire TV Critic Ben Travers has crossed the line from passionate fan to obsessed raving lunatic. How else can you explain such an incredible amount of coverage surrounding “The Leftovers,” a series that, we’ll admit, is pretty good, but not nearly the landmark event Indiewire’s devotion to it — again and again, for weeks on end, more than a month before its Season 2 premiere — may lead some to believe. After more than a month of the same topic over and over, it’s time to talk about something else…
…next week. Maybe. This week, Indiewire’s TV Editor Liz Shannon Miller — who, let’s face it, is somewhat culpable for what’s happening considering she hasn’t put a stop to Travers’ shenanigans and has even gone on record with her own hearty praise for the show — and
Indiewire’s “The Leftovers” TV Critic Ben Travers discuss the upcoming slate of returning fall television. Among Emmy-winning series like “Homeland,” “Bob’s Burgers,” “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” and “Fargo” is — you guessed it — “The Leftovers,” which certainly takes up a bit more than its fair share of the 38-minute podcast.
Don’t forget to subscribe to Very Good TV Podcast via Soundcloud or iTunes. Follow Indiewire on Twitter and Facebook for all your pertinent TV news — as well as the latest reviews and analysis on all the best television shows out this fall — plus check out Liz and Ben’s Twitter feeds for more, more, more. Plus, don’t forget to listen to Indiewire’s other podcasts, Screen Talk with Eric Kohn and Anne Thompson, as well as Indiewire Influencers, hosted by Editor in Chief Dana Harris and featuring various guests relevant to anyone tracking independent film or entertainment in general. Oh, and please vote in the below poll for one last ditch attempt to get this duo to listen to reason.
Related Articles and News:
– But what about the new fall shows? Oh, hey. Glad you asked. Check out Indiewire’s fall TV preview for all the new shows you need to try out.
– Read Ben’s full review of “Ferrell Takes the Field,” and let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.
– Miss a night from Stephen Colbert’s debut week on “The Late Show”? Liz has you covered with highlights and a Week 1 review.
– The first week of the NFL season has come and gone. Relive the highs and lows of preseason with Ben’s piece on “Hard Knocks.”
– “Vicious” is a real show, guys. Don’t miss it (and let Liz tell you why).