The Sun Valley Film Festival
(SVFF), which takes place March 2-6, 2016, has announced that Mark Duplass
is set to host this year’s Screenwriters Lab (SVSLab). Nat Faxon
will also be joining the SVSLab as a judge, where he will mentor each finalist of the High Scribe competition. He previously won the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for co-writing “The Descendants.”
The Screenwriters Lab will provide a glimpse into the world of screenwriting by covering Duplass’ work, his journey through the industry and a Q&A session for the audience. In the end, one High Scribe winner will be selected, and he/she will have part of their script read aloud to the audience by professional actors.
SVSLab is now accepting original screenplays and television plots from aspiring screenwriters. The top three High Scribe finalists will enjoy exclusive residency at the SVFF, where they are housed and mentored by established screenwriters, included in parties and provided a Filmmaker’s Pass. The High Scribe winner receives a cash prize of $1,000 and career mentoring from top industry experts.
In the past, the honor of High Scribe has generated buzz for writers and helped launch careers. In SVSLab’s first year, “Syriana” writer Steve Gaghan helped High Scribe winner Cody Tucker secure an agent, and the years that followed have held up to a similar pattern.
SVSLab – High Scribe Screenplay Competition submissions are being accepted at the SVFF website. Below are a list of submission requirements and deadlines provided by the SVSLab.
Rules and Requirements:
– All submissions must be accompanied by a logline and a non-refundable entry fee.
– Artistic statements, resumes and bios are also welcome but not required.
– Applicants must submit ONE (1) copy of their screenplay or PDF file. (Please submit entire script)
– Multiple entries are permissible, but each entry must be accompanied by a separate entry and fee.
– Submissions will not be returned.
– All fees are nonrefundable.
– All works must be original and unproduced as of January 1st, 2016
– Finalists will be notified by February 8th
December 8th – Regular – $40
January 5th – Late – $45
January 19th – Extended – $65
Sign Up: Stay on top of the latest breaking film and TV news! Sign up for our Email Newsletters here.