The year-end lists are coming, people. I say that with the utmost authority, as someone who is prepping them as we speak. From Most Outstanding Dick Moves to the Best TV Shows of 2015, the internet is about to be awash with lists meant to remind you of everything that’s great (and not so great) about the year prior. But keeping at least a few of those lists at bay are these six upcoming TV series hellbent on making the cut in a crowded year of great television.
Gone are the days when all TV was released in two block chunks, at the start of every year (and the halfway point of the TV season) and then again, afresh, in the fall. Now, with a deluge of new content creators and distributors, shows are popping up at all sorts of odd times (including — egad! — December!). What’s tough news for critics who want to start wrapping things up is great news for TV fans who may be in need of some indoor entertainment options in the coming winter months. So get ready for “Transparent” Season 2, “Marvel’s Jessica Jones,” “A Very Murray Christmas” and at least three or four more options to fill your holiday bingeing schedule.
In the latest episode of Very Good TV Podcast, Indiewire TV Editor Liz Shannon Miller and TV Critic Ben Travers each choose three shows to highlight, breaking down the early buzz and attached prestige of the best of what’s left in 2015. Don’t forget to subscribe to Very Good TV Podcast via Soundcloud or iTunes. Follow Indiewire on Twitter and Facebook for all your pertinent TV news — as well as the latest reviews and analysis on all the best television shows out this fall, not just “The Leftovers” — plus check out Liz and Ben’s Twitter feeds for more, more, more. Plus, don’t forget to listen to Indiewire’s other podcasts, Screen Talk with Eric Kohn and Anne Thompson, as well as Indiewire Influencers, hosted by Editor in Chief Dana Harris and featuring various guests relevant to anyone tracking independent film or entertainment in general.
[Editor’s Note: Apologies for the late posting of this week’s episode. Technical snafus and illnesses sweeping the Indiewire offices forced an unforeseeable tardiness. Hopefully, this was not too disappointing for all our eager fans. (Sorry Mom!)]
Related News and Articles:
– Guys, I know Ben is a bit overwhelming with his “Leftovers” praise, but you’ve got to start watching/catch up. These past three episodes have been among the best of the series and the best of television. Period.
– “W/ Bob and David” is one sketch show you don’t want to miss — and don’t have to! It’s streaming on Netflix now.
– Did you hear the news? “Snowpiercer” is coming to television.
– Are you tired of antiheroes? Ben is, too, and TV might be changing its ways with these three shows.
– Looking forward to “Transparent” Season 2? Then you’ll want to watch the trailer below.