Films in Progress, a joint initiative between Cinélatino, Rencontres de Toulouse and the San Sebastian Festival, serves to facilitate the
completion of rigorously selected independent Latin American films that might be facing
difficulties in funding their
way into the post-production stage.
presents an annual selection of 12 works-in-progress in two sessions: 6
films in Toulouse
in march and 6 films in September in San Sebastián.
Films in Progress
allows for these films to be
finished, it gives them an international visibility among professionals
their circulation and
encourages the meeting and
cooperation between the producers of the selected works-in-progress and European partners to help the films reach more screens and
audiences. <ore than 300 professionals, among the most influential on the European and international industries take part each year in these two sessions. Films in Progress is the
unmissable and strategic meeting point for Latin American films and the rest of the world.
Alejandro Fernández Almendras, “Ixcanul” by Jayro Bustamente, “From Afar” by Lorenzo
Vigas among others.
capable of contributing to the film’s post-production, and by encouraging
promoters to diversify their
offer, San Sebastian and Toulouse hope to develop and strengthen, with
as much pragmatism
and efficiency as possible,
respect for and the promotion of cultural diversity based on a spirit of
-Toulouse’s Films in Progress Award consists of 58.850 € in post-production services in France offered by
prestigious organizations: a grant from the CNC, a residence in Paris by
the CCAS, audio
post-production from Mactari, technical help from Titra TVS, color correction program by Firelfly, an
auditorium and other materials
for the film’s calibration from Commune
Image and the coordination of the post-production from Eaux vives.
–Ciné + Award consists in the guaranteed purchase of the film by a French distributor for the amount of 15.000 euros by Ciné +
-European Distributors and Exhibitors Award consists in the promotion of the winning film in the network of 130 distributors part of Europa Distribution and in the 2.000 exhibitors part of CICAE.
- The feature films presented must be a minority or major Latin American production
- The length of the feature film in its final version must be over 60 minutes
- The film must be at the post-production stage (first cut at minimum)
- The cut submitted for evaluation must be subtitled in English or in Spanish if it is not in Spanish.
- There is no charge of fees for the registration
- Deadline : January 20th, 2016
In case the film is selected:
- The director and the producer have to be in Toulouse on March 16th, 17th and 18th, 2016
- The film must be subtitled in English
- The screening format is Blu Ray (” copies for back up)
Selection will be announced in early March 2016