READ MORE: Attention, Screenwriters: 7 New Scripting Tips, Straight from Oliver Stone, Mark Duplass And More
Whether you’re just starting out in the screenwriting business or you’re an established pro, chances are Final Draft is helping you get the job done. The industry-standard formatting software has been an essential tool for screenwriters since debuting back in 1991, and just last month the company released the newest version, Final Draft 10. The update includes many new and improved features, such as real-time collaboration tools for writing teams, the ability to store alternat lines of dialogue within a script, and a “Beat Board” that offers total freedom to organize ideas as they come.
New features include:
- Collaboration: Write a script remotely in real time with your writing partner(s).
- Story Map™: High-level view of your story that allows you to easily lay out and structure your script.
- Beat Board™: Total freedom to organize your ideas as they come to you completely within the Final Draft file.
- Alternate Dialogue: Store alternate lines of dialogue in the script for easy reference.
- Structure Points: Create and map your screenplay’s structure within the Final Draft file.
Final Draft 10 is now available for purchase on the company’s website (an upgrade costs $99.99, while a new purchase costs $249.99), but IndieWire is giving two readers the chance to win the latest version for free. All you need to do is fill out the sweepstakes registration form below for a chance to win. The entry period ends 12:00pm on November 10. Final Draft will give two IndieWire readers a full copy of the new version. Click here for more information on Final Draft 10.
Stay on top of the latest TV news! Sign up for our TV email newsletter here.
Sign Up: Stay on top of the latest breaking film and TV news! Sign up for our Email Newsletters here.