A November police report filed in Santa Monica alleged that the action icon sexually assaulted an unknown woman in the ’90s. Via his attorney, Stallone “categorically dispute[d] the claim,” saying that he had consensual relations with the woman in 1987, while he shot a film in Israel. According to The Daily Mail, Stallone was also on the receiving end of a 1986 Las Vegas police report, from a 16-year-old girl charging that the actor-writer and his bodyguard, Michael De Luca, forced her into a threesome. “This is a ridiculous, categorically false story,” said Stallone’s spokesperson, who added, “At no time was Mr. Stallone ever contacted by any authorities or anyone else regarding this matter.” Per Deadline, Stallone will film “Rambo 5” later this year, based on a script he helped pen. He also co-stars in fall release “Creed II.”
Model and actress Carrie Steves says the writer-director — whom she had never met — squeezed her breast while exiting a party at media mogul Ted Field’s house in the early ’90s. “Boyhood” star Patricia Arquette tweeted about receiving unwanted romantic advances from Stone years ago while they were discussing a film collaboration. Meanwhile, actresses Melissa Gilbert and Melora Hardin both accused Stone of demeaning them by supplying a surprise sex scene whey tried out for his 1991 film “The Doors.” In response to Gilbert, Stone said that all actors who read for roles knew the nature of the R-rated production, and the auditions took place in a “safe environment.” “Guantanamo,” a dramatic series from creator Daniel Voll, is currently in development at Showtime, and Stone is slated to direct the pilot.
Tambor’s decorated turn on Amazon’s “Transparent” ended with a pair of November misconduct allegations. The two-time Emmy winner’s former assistant, Van Barnes, later told Megyn Kelly that working for Tambor meant “sexual harassment, physical harassment, and verbal abuse constantly.” Meanwhile, his “Transparent” co-star, Trace Lysette, said Tambor once pressed his penis against her hip, and also made sexual comments that made her uncomfortable. Tambor denied both sets of accusations, and was “profoundly disappointed” when the streaming site fired him from the show. However, members of his “Arrested Development” family rallied around him (resulting in a disastrous New York Times interview) and he will appear in every episode of its fifth season, which debuted on Netflix May 29.
Lars von Trier
Soon after women began speaking out against Harvey Weinstein, Icelandic singer and actress Björk implied on Facebook that von Trier had harassed and touched her while filming “Dancer in the Dark” (2000), a movie that won prizes for both of them at Cannes. The director refuted the claim, via Peter Aalbaek Jensen, with whom he founded the film company Zentropa (and Björk doubled down). Soon after, on October 26, Zentropa hosted a workshop for 70 producers, where the founding duo joked about sexual harassment and played a video in which they swam naked (there was also a large photo on display of nude Aalbaek Jensen; a rep for Zentropa apologized). In November, nine women described to a Danish newspaper the “sexual harassment, degradation and bullying” they experienced while working on Zentropa projects like “Antichrist” and “Melancholia;” Aalbaek Jensen admitted, “I’ve been over the top and gone too far” while boasting about his leadership. Nevertheless, von Trier won Denmark’s Sonnig Prize this spring, then returned to the Cannes Film Festival in 2018 (he had been banned seven years earlier). “The House That Jack Built,” his Palme d’Or entrant, includes a scene where the namesake serial killer cuts off a woman’s breast. von Trier is now readying a series of 10 short films called “Études.”
In solidarity with the the women confronting their attackers in the era of #MeToo, “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” star Terry Crews told his story of how, while escorting his wife to a party at a Los Angeles restaurant, WME partner Adam Venit grabbed his genitals. Following a one-month unpaid suspension, Venit resumed work (he is one of eight agents on Michael B. Jordan’s current team). The Los Angeles Police Department investigated Crews’ claim, but the LA County District Attorney’s office and the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office declined to charge Venit, citing the statute of limitations. Crews later testified to the Senate Judiciary Committee that “The Expendables 4” producer Avi Lerner had urged him to drop his case against Venit, and his refusal to do so is why he will not appear in the film.
“Mad Men” alum Kater Gordon began the series as creator/writer/director/producer Matthew Weiner’s personal assistant, and was let go after winning her first writing Emmy. She says her dismissal came one year after rejecting an advance from Weiner, who wanted her to take off her clothes. According to Weiner’s spokesperson, “He does not remember saying this comment nor does it reflect a comment he would say to any colleague.” The allegation did not disrupt Amazon’s plans for “The Romanoffs,” Weiner’s next series, set to star Isabelle Huppert and Amanda Peet alongside “Mad Men” veterans.